Hi Martin!

>  : No, I'm not running with ebtables+nf support. From what I understand
>  : (and please correct me if I'm wrong), patching the kernel with
>  : ebtables+bridge-nf, you get an ebtables table with BROUTING, FORWARD,
>  : and NAT chains which you can match traffic on.
>  :
>  : However, I need to match traffic in the mangles table, so the ebtables
>  : table won't help me.
>
> In order for you to be able to use iptables *at all* with the bridging
> code, you need the bridge+nf patch(es).

Ah ok. Which patch should I use
(http://bridge.sourceforge.net/devel/bridge-nf/bridge-nf-0.0.7-against-2.4.19.diff
or
http://users.pandora.be/bart.de.schuymer/ebtables/br-nf/bridge-nf-0.0.10-against-2.4.20.diff)

I've used the latter with 2.4.21pre5, but it seems as if the first one was
created for iptables and the latter for ebtables - is that correct or can I
use both?

I'll test it now with the new one anyway and see if I can match packets in
the mangle table.

--

Regards
 Abraham

Heller's Law:
        The first myth of management is that it exists.

Johnson's Corollary:
        Nobody really knows what is going on anywhere within the
        organization.

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]