Ok I tested the shaping on the SDSL line with netperf and
an host outside.

Same script than before, I classify the packets into qdisc based on the
source address in netfilter and here are the result, that's with sfq.
I'm positive on the right traffic going to the right class.

TCP STREAM TEST to 81.57.243.113 (NORMAL)
Recv   Send    Send
Socket Socket  Message  Elapsed
Size   Size    Size     Time     Throughput
bytes  bytes   bytes    secs.    10^3bits/sec

 87380   8192   8192    60.00     282.90

TCP STREAM TEST to 81.57.243.113 (LOWPRIO)
Recv   Send    Send
Socket Socket  Message  Elapsed
Size   Size    Size     Time     Throughput
bytes  bytes   bytes    secs.    10^3bits/sec

 87380   8192   8192    61.00     390.00

In fact the rate are just share sometimes it's the LOWPRIO that has more
Sometimes it's the NORMAL traffic...

As a note, there were other traffic on the line at the same moment I didn't
classify but I was expecting the ratio to be kept (LOWPRIO is prio 5,
50kbits, NORMAL is prio 1 200kbits)

Well I need to investigate more, I don't understand why it don't work on the
SDSL line...

My installation is quite simple :

Cisco Router <-> Linux Box (QOS) <-> LAN

And I was testing egress traffic from LAN to internet, but it's the same for
ingress.

Do this can appear if the ratio I put are bigger than the actual line ??
And again what is a good ratio/ceil for a so sold 2mbits SDSL line ??

Gaƫl.