Hello
I am using htb (krenel 2.6.14.3 + esfq patch from fatooh.org) to limit the
bandwidth. But I want the absolute maximum rate to be for example 5Mbit
and not to exceed it.

here is the script:

$tc qdisc add dev ${NETIF} root handle 1 htb r2q 4
$tc class add dev ${NETIF} parent 1: classid 1:21 htb rate 5Mbit ceil 5Mbit
$tc class add dev ${NETIF} parent 1:21 classid 1:101 htb rate 2Mbit ceil
5Mbit prio 1
$tc class add dev ${NETIF} parent 1:21 classid 1:102 htb rate 1Mbit ceil
5Mbit prio 2
$tc class add dev ${NETIF} parent 1:21 classid 1:103 htb rate 3Mbit ceil
5Mbit prio 3

when I don't specify burst the flow always exceeds 5Mbit
when I try to play with it (the burst) for example turning it off completely
burst 0 cburst 0 for parent and children classes the rate falls ot 2-3 Mbits

removing the esfq qdiscs doesn't change anything...

I want exact rate of 5Mbit for the parent class and no more?

any suggestions are welcome :)

--
Anton Glinkov
network administrator