Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator,  Great Lakes Internet wrote:

> Ok, I ran into a different issue with using the tc filters which
> basically puts me right back to using the iptables classify target --
> which means that I am running right back into the same problem I was on
> before.

<snip>

> qdisc hfsc 5: default 2
>  Sent 593904 bytes 9198 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
>  rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0

default 2 is why the traffic is ending up in 5:2.

> Well, there is only 1 qdisc. Since there are no other classes listed
> that say they are a child of 5:510 or 5:511, then obviously 5:510 must
> be a leaf node. Thus, option #4 is negated.
>
> Does anyone have any clues on this?

You may try assigning traffic to leaf qdiscs hanging off the leaf classes on
your hierarchy.  So, give 5:510 a pfifo or something to test with and target
that ID instead.

  • [LARTC] ip... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
    • Re: [... Andreas Unterkircher
      • R... Jody Shumaker
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
      • R... Jody Shumaker
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
      • R... Jason Boxman
      • R... Luciano Ruete
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
      • R... Patrick McHardy