-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick McHardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:44 PM
To: Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
Subject: Re: [LARTC] iptables CLASSIFY and MARK not working?

> Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet wrote:
> > Both devices (br1 and wivl4) are bridged interfaces with spanning
tree
> > turned on. They also do VLANs. Specifically, vconfig was used to
create
> > a VLAN (in this case, VLAN 4) on two interfaces: eth2 and eth3.
These
> > two VLAN interfaces were called e2v4 and e3v4. Then, brctl was used
> > bridge the two VLAN interfaces (e2v4 and e3v4) into a new interface
> > called wivl4. Spanning tree was then enabled on wivl4. The MTU size
was
> > then adjusted -4 bytes to accommodate the VLAN tagging.
>
> Any chance you got bridge netfilter enabled? If so please disable
> it and try again (or set the bridge-nf-call-iptables sysctl to 0).
>
> Also, did you happen to try my specific rules (under different
devices)
> to see if they work?
>
> No, just tried CLASSIFY with my own HFSC setup, which is pretty
> similar.
>
> > If possible, could you try creating a VLAN interface and test on
that
> > interface? Then try a bridged interface. And finally, a bridged VLAN
> > interface.
> >
> > I will try to set this all up on a different machine without the
bridged
> > VLANs and see if it works there.
>
> I checked the code, neither VLAN nor bridge should matter.

Bridged iptables (ebtables) is not enabled in the kernel and I cannot
seem to find a variable "bridge-nf-call-iptables" to set with sysctl:

wireless-r1 linux # sysctl -w bridge-nf-call-iptables=0
error: "bridge-nf-call-iptables" is an unknown key

There is also no /proc/sys/net/*/bridge anything. I assume that means
this is not something I need to worry about?

Eliot Gable
Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
CompTIA Security+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
Network and System Engineer
Great Lakes Internet, Inc.
112 North Howard
Croswell, MI 48422
(810) 679-3395
(877) 558-8324

Now offering Broadband Wireless Internet access in Croswell, Lexington,
Brown City, Yale, Worth Township, and Sandusky. Call for details.

  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • RE: [LARTC... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
  • Re: [LARTC... Patrick McHardy