Understood..many thx for all the help..

By the way, do you know if there's a way to distinguish between the ACK
packet sent during the connection establishment phase of a TCP connection
and subsequent ACK packets sent during the data transfer phase.

I now that the ACK number sent during the connection establishment will be
equal to the 'sequence number for the SYN in the SYN/ACK packet' + 1

Is there a way to distinguish between this 3rd packet and any other ACK
packet during data transfer w/o having to keep track of sequence numbers?
Are there other characteristics or options that are set in the former and
not in the latter?

Basically I want to capture the three packets sent during the connection
establishment phase of TCP. How can I do that?

Warm regards,
Visham
  • [LARTC] No... ramsurrunv
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet
    • RE: [... ramsurrunv
      • R... Martin A. Brown
        • ... ramsurrunv
          • ... Martin A. Brown
            • ... ramsurrunv
    • RE: [... ramsurrunv
    • RE: [... ramsurrunv
    • RE: [... Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet