Visham,

 : I have to capture those three packets for each and every TCP
 : stream that is initiated. Also, I'm looking only for outbound
 : communication, i.e emanating from the PC on which I'm trying to
 : catch the packets. So the ACK packet will be generated on the PC
 : itself. But the problem how do I capture that particular ACK
 : packet and not the other ACK packets during data transfer phase,
 : w/o keeping track of IP address/port no. pairs.

It sounds like argus [0] may provide a better solution to your
problem.  You will get much more information than you'd get with
tcpdump, but you'll get at least what you describe.

-Martin

 [0] http://www.qosient.com/argus/

--
Martin A. Brown