There are some notes written by Jamal that come with the iproute2 source
that describe some very significant features that are not even hinted at
in the lartc document.

They aren't real easy to run across if you don't know they exist and even
when I did first see them, I wasn't sure if they represented the current
state of things. I also ran across IMQ and it took me a while to realize that
was a dead end.

It would be nice if at least the part on ingress filtering references them.
The pipe action and ifb devices provide a way to overcome a lot of the
ingress filtering limitations mentioned in the lartc document.

The random action and packet mirroring action are probably of interest to
people as well.

It would have saved me a fair amount of time if these had been included as
part of the lartc document.