Christian Benvenuti wrote:
Hi,
> [cut]
>
> Yes they are both allowed.
> This means, for example, that the traffic that originates from
> or that is addressed to a VLAN interface can potentially go through
> two independent QoS configurations.
> Depending on what you want to achieve, you may configure QoS
> only on the VLAN interface, only on the real interface, or
> on both.
>
> [cut]

Thanks for the answers. I've made some simple tests and there seems to be one thing that doesn't work on virtual interfaces - classifying. Whenever I used filters - u32, or fw paired with iptables' mark target, or simply classify target - it was completely ignored on vlan interface, while the same setup on real interface worked fine (if it wasn't going through vlan earlier - look question below). So maybe queuing, despite it's possible to set on vlan, shouldn't be used ? (it's weird a bit, especially if someone wanted to have both disciplines at the same time).

One more question though - I've noticed that marks or direct classify don't survive going through vlan interface (seems logical), so I can't use them later on the real one. In the past someone asked it on the list, and the answer was to use negative offsets with u32 filter, looking for vlan tags in layer 2 header. It seems to work fine, but is it actually safe to use ?