Marco Tedaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote;
>I've got LabView 7 in which I want to read in umbers from a text file
>(one column of floating point values, between 0 and 1)

>With the format-string %.3f oder %.6f it allways gets the right number
>of values (there are 9 Values in the file, and I get an array of 9
>Values), but all the values are zero (type: single)! When I change 0.x
>to 1.x in the file, I get 1.000 (instead of 1.x)!

If this is a problem with the , and . as decimal seperator then i have
some suggestions.

Normally LabVIEW uses the Regional Settings (at least in Windows).

1 -     You can override the regional settings in menu "Tools->Options..."
        Select the Front Panel options and uncheck the entry "Use
localized decimal point"
        It will now use . as decimal seperator.

2 -     "Scan from String" and "Format Into string"
        "%.;" will set . as decimal seperator
        "%,;" will set , as decimal seperator
        "%;" will use system settings.
        Search in online help index after "Formatting" and select
        entry specifier syntax in strings

--
Rolf