"Jerome Whelan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I am using FileDialog.vi to present to the user a list of
>datalog files from which to choose. This may occur more
>than one time during program execution.
>I notice that once a file has been listed and selected by
>the user, that file name is absent from the presented name
>list next time the FileDialog.vi is called.

Just a suggestion: has your program opened the previously selected files when you call
FileDialog.vi the second and subsequent times, and if so what type of access are you
requesting i.e. do you allow or deny other applications read access to the opened
file? (sorry I can't check the exact name of the terminal without LV in front of me).
If you're denying reads, I wonder if this interferes with the operation of the file
dialog.

Dr Tom Hawkins
High Throughput Screening Analyst, Associated Octel ltd
PO Box 17, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 4HF, UK
+44 (0)151 355 3611  [EMAIL PROTECTED]