"Daniel A. Gilmore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I need to save absolute time stamps to an Excel compatible CSV file and need
>the time zone adjustment from Universal Time to do this since the LV time
>stamp is in Universal Time.  Is there a way in LV to get this info.

Only LabVIEW's internal int32/timestamp seconds since 1904 is in UTC. Once
you format that timestamp into text format, either in a front panel control
or using the diagram prmitives for this and even the seconds to date/time
cluster functions, you get the local time according to the timezone configured
in your system.

Unless you live on the Greenwich meridian, you will see that 0 seconds will
not display as 00:00:00 1 Jan 1904 in a numeric display formated to show
Date & Time format, which shows you your timezone offset.

If you need the seconds since value in local time, you need to calculate the
timezone offset and subtract it from the LabVIEW seconds. There are VIs to do
that on NIs site somewhere. Try to look for timezone calculation or GMT or
something like that.

The idea is to convert a known seconds since such as 86400 into a date time
cluster, then taking days, hours, minutes and seconds calculate its local
seconds since and subtract 86400 from that and you end up with the timezone
offset.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                           fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
9