What display control are you usng to display your image?  That is, on
which control is the scrollbar causing problems?  Is it a color image?
I have done live image aquisition without Vision in the past.  I have
displayed the image using a picture control and using an intensity
graph control.  Sounds to me like you are talking about the vi
window's scrollbar and your image is in a display control that is
larger than the vi window dimensions, or the dimensions of your
monitor.  Is this is the case?

I am using 6.1, but I may be able to answer your question as long as
it isn't 7.0-specific.