Hi there !

I have a simple ActiveX client program (written in C) which uses
LabVIEW as ActiveX server, loads the specified VI, is able to set a
control value and run the VI.

When I use SetControlValue ("controlLabel", value), the corresponding
control indeed is set to the specified value and, if I use polling,
the VI detects that the value has changed and performs the required
action.

Now I want to take advantage of the event-driven capability since
LabVIEW 6.1 and extended in LabVIEW 7.

It is stated that "Several other event-related enhancements are
present in LabVIEW 7 Express. You now can programmatically generate
value change events by updating a control's value using the new Value
(Signaling) property."

I'd like to know if I can change the Value (Signaling) property of a
control from an external C program, and if so, how.

If not, I'd like to understand what is meant by "You now can
programmatically generate value change events by updating a control's
value using the new Value (Signaling) property." and how this is done.

Thanks !