Hello tst,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding CPU usage when using an array
covered by a control. After running the VI I understand the problem
that you are having and this problem does exist in standard LabVIEW
7.0. It takes a lot of resources to update a front panel when
controls/indicators are layered on top of each other. I=92m not sure
exactly in what situation you might need to place controls on top of
each other and I assume that you need all of the features that you
mentioned resolve the problem. One possible solution would be to rid
the VI of the =93Array=94 local variable. This seems to speed up the
update rate and solve your problem. Typically variables and especially
global variables seem to slow down performance. The following link is
one resource when troubleshooting this behavior.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=3D101&RPAGEID=3D135&H=
OID=3D50650000000800000027510000&UCATEGORY_0=3D_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=3D0&U=
SEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_0=3DVertical+Slider+Control+%28Classic+Control%29+ta=
kes+50%25+of+CPU+Time+when+Loaded+in+Memory+Only&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_S=
=3D0

Other responses similar to this can be found on the ni.com website by
clicking the support tab at the top of the home page. Then search for
=93Memory and CPU usage=94 from Technical Resources at the top of the
page. I hope these resources help. Let me know if I can further assist
you.

Shea C.
Applications Engineering