Infrequently, about a dozen times over the past few years,
I have noticed garbled data appearing at the end of the
text in the string control when deleting or cutting a text
selection. (LV 6.1 and 7, Windows). The number of
random characters at the end of the string appears to
be roughly the same as the selection size, and they
are editable.

Has anyone else seen this?

A wild guess would be that, under rare conditions,
the size of the string is not updated after performing
a NumericArrayResize. If so, further edit actions would
be able to corrupt the memory beyond the string
allocation.

Possibly, it is a race condition: the string length for
the display update is read before the string, and the
delete/cut action happens inbetween on rare
occassions.

The policy of our local NI support seems to be: if it
is not reproducible it's not worth considering. Is this
the party line?

Albert-Jan

---
Dr. A.C.J. Brouwer