Hello Sly,

Are you, by chance, running on a Dell Dimension 4500 Slimline Series
desktop (or similar model)?  Due to limited PCI slots on some of these
models, they require a PCI expander/splitter that allows for 2 PCI
devices to be plugged into the same slot. You may have the GPIB card
and the network interface card (NIC) connected to the same PCI slot.
If this is the case, the NIC might stop working a well. This may be a
system resource conflict issue. You should remove the network card (or
any other card that may be sharing the same PCI slot) to fix this
problem.

Please let me know if this particular situation applies to you.  If
not, post the applicable portions of your code and any other
information that may be useful, and I=92ll be happy to look further into
it.

Have a nice day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer