Hi. I am trying to control my external hardware (a camera). A 3rd
party software company gave me a modified serial link w/ the functions
written onto the hardware, and the commands to communicate with the
camera. I am having difficulty sending those commands to the camera
and am getting no response from the camera. The commands being sent
are simple myCamera(blah) commands and I can't seem to do it using the
I/O Assistant. This has been done before in the older versions of
LabVIEW w/o the VISA serial vi's.

They have an example code written in c, and I was wondering if it
might be easier to just use and integrate that c-code onto LabVIEW
(Please tell me how!) or revert back to the older version of serial as
I have seen in another posting.

I am not a cs-major, so I don't know how to compile c-code, I only
know java. So any help is appreciated!! Thanks!