From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Scott Serlin
Sent: Thursday, 12 February, 2004 12:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dual monitors for labview use

Can anyone tell me what graphic cards work well with respect to using dual
monitors and labview?  How does the graphic card handle moving the display
data from one monitor to another. I was considering the ATI Radeon 9800XT.
Great for gaming as well. I remember someone talking about having the
diagram window on one machine and the panel window on another.  No more
fussing around with the windows to do your work faster.  Also, how about
those kvm monitor switches?  Anyone used those in conjunction with the dual
monitor graphic cards?  Is going with an extra PCI board as well as the ATI
Radeon 9800XT AGP board the better route than running both monitors off of
the same card?  Thoughts? Comments?  One other off topic question.  Have you
guys/gals been buying and using LCD monitors?  Anyone running them for a
long time?  I keep seeing used monitors show up on ebay that have a few/many
lcds burnt out or broken in the display.  How hard and expensive are they to
repair if this is the case? I can solder as I'm a EE by nature.

Scott