Process Systems <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> The number of samples is irrelivent. The delta-T is derived from the
> sampling rate. In this case, 1000 HZ sample rate corresponds to 1 ms.
> delta-T.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Dave

Hmmm...I've wired it up, but it looks like the output of the
derivative VI is an array of the size of the number of samples. And
it's producing nonsense values. If the voltage was constant, I would
expect the derivative to be zero for example. Adjusting the voltage up
would produce a positive scalar, and adjusting the voltage down would
produce a negative scalar. How do I convert the output array into a
meaningful scalar value? I can provide my current vi if you need to
see it..my email is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

thx

Jeff