Looks like this might get lost, so I hope to help get it going....

I would imagine that the most difficult part would be getting the
mechanical engineering / handling correct.

  1) Is this your own mechanics ?
  2) How are you managing damping of the system?
     i.e. When the tray 'hits' the load cell.
  3) Are you sure it's not resonant / resonating ?
     Have you tested for resonance ?
     See damping.
  4) Can you correlate actuals with data at lower speeds ?
     Post signal data as an example.

Suggestions
I would suggest that you post a picture (It's worth a thousand words)
or two and some sample data, then you might get a fuller answer.