Steven Hammer wrote:

Hi all,
I just experienced an odd LV error message.

I was trying to wire the output from a decrement function onto a FOR loop count terminal. The decrement was wired to a numeric control. The error message says:

"You may not wire to a floating object. Move the object to where it belongs and then wire to it".

Any ideas as to what it means? There's nothing in the LV help prog nor in DevZone. What is a floating object?

Steven
A floating object is a terminal which is placed over a loop but not inside. Move the terminal in and out of the loop and it should work.

Stephan
--
Stephan Heising                 Tel: +41 56 310 5227
Paul Scherrer Institut          Fax: +41 56 310 5230