Simon Whitaker wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a VI set up so that it can have more than one open FP
available at once. It's a log viewer and I'd like to be able to have two
instances running side-by-side, with a different log file loaded into
each one. Setting the VI to reentrant doesn't appear to be the complete
solution. This must be a fairly common problem, and I'd be interested to
hear from anyone who's managed to solve it.

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Whitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of Software Development, Tiab Ltd
tel: +44 (0)1295 714046
fax: +44 (0)1295 712334
web: http://www.tiab.co.uk/

Simon,

Search the archives for "cloning front panels". There are a few approaches, but opening VI Server references to VI Templates seems to be the favorite. There have also been some discussions about this on the NI Dev Zone >> LV General Discussion.

-Jim