Hi all,

I had at least two customers that wanted to have a keyboard control for a rather complex LV app (ECG analysis tools). Such like old 'Wordstar' or Word3 had. For the younger ones: pressing dedicated keys on the keyboard activates special functions under specified circumstances. For example, the key <E> used to be 'one (line) up', <S> 'one left', <A> 'to the left border' and so on. JUST that key did that, meaning there was no <Enter> or mouse click or anything else needed neither inbetween two of such key strokes nor after the last one.
I had tried several attempts starting with LV 5.1 and none of them really satisfied me nor the customers. Don't want to bias you with those attempts...

Has anyone of you some ideas or even better some proven concepts or code to share? Any ideas are welcome!

BTW, There are better UI concepts for most UIs, but if there are literally 10th of different actions availabel that must be performed quickly and sometimes many of them, then such kind of an UI is still usefull. Takes as few actions as possibel and can be quite quick.
In this special case a 96 channel ECG was transformed to a voltage mapping onto a cube around the heart. This cube is displayed from two opposide views, where the view angles must be changed. The voltage levels of different curves must be changed, curves added/deleted, some algorithms for the mapping or potential adaption are to change and so on.

Greetings from Germany! -- Uwe Frenz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dr. Uwe Frenz Entwicklung getemed Medizin- und Informationtechnik AG Oderstr. 59 D-14513 Teltow

Tel.  +49 3328 39 42 0
Fax   +49 3328 39 42 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW.Getemed.de