Hi Michael and all

> Yes, LV7.1 has this feature and the scrolling is
> faster than PJM's utility.

Actually, the NI version work in a somewhat different
fashion. I think NI might have thought it better than
I did. Instead of moving the whole diagram(or panel),
they are just moving a "visible area" rectangle
(representing the visible area of either the diagram
or panel) over the diagram (or panel) image. Upon
looking at it, I realized that it probably was a
smarter idea as it simplify a lot of issue and will
probably result in faster scrolling. I tried to see if
I could port NI version to 7.0, and it did not work.
Among other thing NI is calling library function nodes
(within LV I believe) which might speed up the
scrolling. Another nice feature of NI version is that
it will update the picture whenever the diagram(panel)
changes.

In my last release (1.5.0) of the tool, I used so
locked VIs from NI version to do the "synchronized"
scrolling.

> Also, in the NI version, you  cannot apply the
> viewer to various loaded VI's or VI's on disk.

This is true, also Bird's Eye View is working for
Labview 6.x and 7.x :)

> One thing I would love to see in the NI
> implementation is the ability to hook into the
> viewer programmatically.

The whole NI package is located in: .LabVIEW 7.1 Root
\resource\dialog\zoom_out.llb and I think the LV hook
is the following VI: ZoomOut_LaunchZoomOutTool.vi

PJM