William Rance wrote:
> Of course if we considered this to be too trivial we would not have
> posted it.
> The emphasis is not only on the linear distance (x) for each jump but
> also the amplitude(y).

You're adding an extra dimension that's not present in the original puzzle.
In what way is 'y' relevant? Only the linear distance is relevant. So all
the stuff about waves is immaterial. You COULD use the wave idea to approach
it but you're making it much more complicated.

> 2) What is hidden in this question-well very little if our approach at
> analysis is 'critical'.
> Bill

Then explain to me what is hidden when a less critical analysis is used.

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/