This is funny. I was totally ignorant of Brian's solution when I created my own
password cracker. Perhaps we can make this a LabVIEW
coding challenge? Create the fastest VI password cracker?

<http://www.aivaliotis.com/archives/lv/vi_password_cracking.shtml>

Michael Aivaliotis

> Well I hope this doesn't crash his site
>
> But here you go, hope it helps.
>
> http://labview.brianrenken.com/downloads.shtm
>
> ~,~ The Captain was here

<<snip>>
> That being said, Brian Renken created a tool that will attempt to find the password
> for a locked VI. It uses VI server and brute
force to cycle through characters combinations. If you at least remember how many
characters and if they were all letters, you might
have a reasonable shot at getting it. If you don't remember anything about it, you're
probably just as well of time wise to rebuild
it from scratch. There's just too many possible combinations to make this quick. If
you want to give a try, you can download the
tool from his website. http://labview.brianrenken.com/downloads.shtm