Hi Stephen,
           As you mention in your question the problem you are
           experiencing is usually caused by not closing a reference correctly. I
           have been looking at your code for this application and I have a
           couple of questions I'd like to ask you about it which will help me
           research your problem further. Firstly you mention that you have 5
           vi's but you have only posted 3, please could you post the remaining 2
           vi's. I also do not have the ActiveX server object that you are using,
           "InletKernelInterfaceLib" which is a .dll or .exe file. Could you also
           post a 'walk-through' of your code as well so I can understand better
           what is going on there. On a different note have you tried running the
           vi's without the ActiveX server? Did it work then? have you tried
           splitting the code to determine where the problem may lie?
I look forward to hearing from you,
Best Regards,

Chris Mead
National Instruments (UK)