There is a huge collection of native LV drivers on the NI web site, and many
(if not most) could do with SOME cleanup. Since test performance can be
drastically affected by driver efficiency, maybe reviewing the driver style
guide as a NI Week program would be in order.

I've shuddered at many drivers I've downloaded over the years, some
rewritten some from scratch. Take a look at the Quadtech Digibridge 1689
drivers(
http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/9b2b33e1993d877786256436006ec498/c22867581727
10ac86256d81006a30da?OpenDocument ); they were made some 10 years ago, but
they make me laugh. The use of locals between frames in a sequence which do
nothing, combined with complex subvi's that can be replaced with one or two
functions on the source vi panel should make for interesting discussion.

I give this only as an example; this is an relatively ancient driver and
instrument (not even 488.2 compliant). I have 5 in my office that make up a
good portion of our business though :-( I'm fully aware of newer instruments
(including from Quadtech) with good drivers and SCPI.

Alas, I work for a small company that can't afford to send me to NI week,
but all of my friends from former employers that have attended rave about
the various programs and the night life!

As a side note, I don't think I've ever met a LVer that couldn't resist
"improving" even the best written drivers (including me!).