Hello

I have ( what I consider to be ) a useful set of VI's to manage
configuration files and parameter data as functional globals. They have been
elaborated over several years and I think that they are ready for a wider
audience. Some members of this list sell libraries and I'd like to get some
feeling for the most suitable way to earn some money this way.

Selling routines without diagrams seems a chancy business for the buyer,
since a LabVIEW version upgrade in the middle of a project can cause your
program to stop compiling. Do people really send you money when they sell a
program which incorporates a "shareware" component? Or do they just forget
where they got it from.

How price sensitive are people? It's almost as easy and surely more
satisfying to sell 10 copies for $200 as one for $2000.

Does NI (or do you) have some legal grip on the word "Tool Kit" as in
"Configuration File Tool Kit" ?

I'd appreciate the views of Buyers and Sellers both and also those who will
never buy.

Yours Sincerely

John

John Brohan         National Instruments LabVIEW expert in Montreal
Traders Micro         "We connect all sorts of things to computers"
317 Barberry Place DDO Montreal PQ Canada H9G 1V3 Tel (514)995-3749
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.TradersMicro.com/Index.htm