OK, but if you do not want to install the whole run-time engine (e.g.
to avoid having files in Program Files\National Instruments, which our
users would not recognise as something they need and may delete) you
could previously get away with having the run-time files in the same
folder as your executable. Is that now impossible?

It would *very* be nice if NI made it easier to build custom
installers that include all necessary files; and that place support
files somewhere less accessible to the user and not labeled LabVIEW,
National Instruments, VISA etc...(I haven't checked it in LV7.1 yet,
but LV7 insists on creating a LabVIEW Data folder as well, overrunning
it in the application ini-file does not work...).

The installer builder use merge files (which one includes the analysis
support?) and those files could be used in installers made in other
software, however they are not documented to make that easy...And as
far as I can see they have so many dependancies that one would have to
include all the .msm files.