Xavier;

Hi, I kind of understand your problem now! Well, there are a number of
solutions for this.
First you can programmatically Zoom your image to a smaller size (not the
actual image
but the display of it). I think there is a property for the control called
Zoom (both for X and Y)
This way you can have a 512X512 or 256x256 image on your control which is
more manageable.
Another problem for this control is that when you refresh the control it
puts the scroll bars to 0,0
hence you will not be able to see the far end (after refresh)

You can also resize the image (the actual image) this does not have to be
a factor of 2. You can
resize to 1.5 or 0.75, the show the resized image

You may say, I will lose the resolution around the area that I want to
work, Then you are right!!

Although you can extract a window and show it as large as you want.

Another solution: Maybe you can forget about this control and show your
image in a window
(like Labview 6.1)

I agree that value of the control does not work (I guess NI knows about
this), but I use local variable
and been happy with this.

Another solution, don't  use mouse, let the user select the ROI via some
other controls and always show
around that area. (Let say 100 pixels left, top, bottom, right of your
window of interest)

Then again all of the above depends on your application

Take care
Hamid

Dr. Hamid R. Yazdi
Federal Mogul