On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Bee <bi...@brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:

> I don't know in Windows, but I use it on Linux and Mac in daily basis.
> Yes, it has glitches here and there, but mostly it works to me. I can't
> imagine writing a program without a proper debugger. ;)

What do you do different to me then. I also use Linux. Most of the
times, break points don't trigger, tooltip on identifiers don't work,
selected code with tooltip evaluation never works, variable watches
never work etc....

Thank goodness 99% of my applications are tiOPF based, so I use the
tiLog unit to log debug information to a file, console or separate log
window.  And for those non-tiOPF based apps, I'm stuck with:
    writeln('>> SomeProcname');
    ....code goes here
    writeln('variable = ', somevariable);
   ....code goes here
   writeln('<< SomeProcname');

PS:
Yes I know toolip evaluation or tooltip debugging over properties etc
are dangerous, but it's a damn sight better than not having it. Plus
the Delphi developers are perfectly happy with the way it works for
them.

Regards,
  - Graeme -