> I am hearing constant battering that you cannot create native looking
> Mac or iPhone applications with Lazarus. By the way, these comments
> come from the CodeGear non-technical newsgroup. Is there any truth to
> this?

I can make sure you, they're wrong. I'm using FPC/Lazarus on Mac
Leopard on daily basis. Both work well, though Lazarus is still a
Carbon app. Yes, Carbon is about to be deprecated, but it wouldn't be
happen tomorrow, perhaps 2-3 years from now. By the time, I do hope
Cocoa binding already mature enough to replace Carbon.

> If not, can anybody post some screenshots on the Lazarus wiki
> or something so I can send Joanna Carter and others to that link to
> prove the point? Free Pascal and Lazarus could be a solution to native
> Mac and iPhone apps without resorting to learning and only using
> Objective C.  Sorry, I know nothing about Macs so I can't comment on
> these.

They're ignorant people. No matter how many facts you're giving to
them, they would still reject them. They'll keep saying FPC/Lazarus
would never leave the "beta" status and not ready to be used on real
work. They just want to have Delphi, or other alternatives, but *not*
FPC/Lazarus. I don't really understand why do they hate FPC/Lazarus so
much? What did we do to them anyway?. :(

--
-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com