On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 20:50, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaert...@netcologne.de> wrote:
> About (4d) - single line begin..end
> Maybe you can give an example when this is not about code formatting?

I just mean that removing non-whitespace characters is not formally
'formatting'.
I agree it is gray area.

> A good formatter is very flexible and has a lot of options to fine
> tune indentation and line break. IMO complex expressions which can not
> be automatically broken nicely, should be changed anyway. Maybe the
> code explorer should show deeply nested expressions.
Or simply expressions with too many tokens, regardless of nesting.

> Long lines depends on right margin and this heavily depends on
> programmers choice. For example if you set your right margin to 80
> and you open a unit of other programmers the code explorer will
> easily list thousands of long lines. A performance killer.
Is not it O(total number of lines) anyway? I do not see how a performance
could depend on that. If you are worried about the number of items found,
then I suggest to implement a generic limit of, say, 100 items.
100'th item should contain 'too many items found' text.

--
Alexander S. Klenin