Dňa 26.10.2016 o 11:17 Michael Schnell via Lazarus napísal(a):
On 26.10.2016 07:57, LacaK via Lazarus wrote:
procedure TRefreshFileListThread.Execute;
begin
  while not Terminated do begin
Synchronize(@MyForm.UpdateFileList); // UpdateFileList is method which clears listbox and then adds files in given shared folder
    Sleep(10000);
  end;
This only makes sense if the actual file list generation (all but the GUI update) is done in not shown code in the thread before Synchonize is called.
no.
thread code is all what you see above.
my intention was use thread only for periodical refresh of list

Otherwise you just could use TTimer.
probably yes. I do not remember why I have used thread for it. May be I do not wanted dependency on ExtCtrls ... Btw. when TTimer is executing OnTimer method, which does not finishes until next Interval is elapsed, is again called OnTimer ? Or next OnTimer is performed only when prior OnTimer finished ?

-Laco.