Hi Juha,

Am 03.01.2017 um 14:53 schrieb Juha Manninen via Lazarus:

Since 2010 I'm working on  Lazarus/LCL MUI interface for Amiga Systems. At
the moment on github https://github.com/alb42/lazarus/tree/lazarus-morphos
some Results of this available at my Blog:
https://blog.alb42.de/category/fpc/lcl/

Is it possible to add this initial Amiga systems support? How about this MUI
LCL Interface?
I applied the code implementing NoGUI support.

Thanks for that, very nice, works fine so far, of course that was only the start.

Yes, the MUI stuff looks interesting.
I think none of the current developers have time nor motivation to
develop Amiga MUI bindings. It means you should get write access to
the relevant directory in Lazarus sources and maintain the code
yourself.

I guess so. I have already an account (login: "marcus") on the svn.freepascal.org for the access to freepascal repository. I'm maintainer for Amiga, AmigaOS4, AROS and MorphOS (together with Karoly Balog) in FPC.

Initial commit can be done by somebody, maybe me.
This would kind of imply a commitment from your side to maintain it
for some time to come.

Of course, thats the idea of it to maintain it (and if working on it for 10 years I will not stop next week :-P) But I need a little bit time to order everything and make a Patch File. (My Lazarus Sandbox is really old ;-))

The term "mui" does not tell much to most people. MUI can also mean
"Multilingual User Interface" by Microsoft. The bindings name should
include "Amiga" I think.

I do not agree on this point, several reasons:

- MUI (Magic User Interface) is much older (1993) than the rather unknown "mui" in Windows - there will be no explicit "mui" Windows Widgetset in Lazarus, it's just a technique AmigaOS already have since 1992 as "locale" - MUI Widgetset is not only for Amiga but also for MorphOS (the original) and AROS (where it's named "Zune", which is not really better :-P) so an AmigaMUIor AmMUI would be more confusing. - for carbon and cocoa the Mac is also not added, even Carbon/Cocoa most have much other idea, (even QT I would think to QuickTime) - will be a tremendous work to change that (not possible to do per search/replace)

Greetings,
Marcus