On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus
>> <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> These units work using UTF8. The DOM units use UnicodeString (UTF16).
>>>
>>> Given that these units are quite stable in terms of functionality and
>>> maturity, it may be a good idea to move them to the FCL.
>>

>> Yes, that is my point.
>> But instead of just moving them, shouldn't they merge as well into a
>> single unit, ie, only one DOM, XMLRead, and XMLWrite unit?
>

> I don't think so, because how will you make the difference between the 2 ?
> And it's not possible to have optimal code for both cases in 1 set of
> classes; The idea is that there are no conversions necessary.

And we will continue having two base code to do the same thing?
Don't you think this is confusing for the users?

What about having just one code but setting the type of string
(XMLString) to use? (even having Unicode... God)

How can I use XPath with laz2_* units then?

Regards,
Marcos Douglas