On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:42:27 -0300
> "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus" <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> I thought that only units included in package would be visible outside
>> (other programs/packages) but I realized that doesn't matter if were
>> included or not, the visibility is defined only by path (-Fu).
>
> Correct. Unit names must be unique in a program.

Right. But when we use 3rd packages, we don't control which names they
will use to name their units.
Moreover, I believe each package should work only in a bounded
context. Its developers should not named their files considering that
these names could be used in a bigger context. Don't you agree?

IMHO, would be better if packages may have just some "exported units".
What do you think?

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas