Am 04.01.19 um 12:32 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via lazarus:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:08:56 +0100
Florian Klämpfl via lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Is there any possibility that lazarus auto stores the current session
(project file, source files, session information etc.) every xxxx s?

No.

A simple save is easy to implement. But there are some cases which
makes it difficult in general:

- If it would trigger a normal "save all" and you have just created
   some new files or are in the middle of a refactoring you will get
   suddenly save and message dialogs. I personally would hate that
   interruption.
- I often open a file, change something and save it as another
   name. An autosave would play havoc here.
- It would be better if the autosave would save the changed files in a
   separate location (e.g. .lazarus/autosave), which can then be
   restored on next start. But that requires some more work.

Well, yes. But one cannot have everything ;) I would be happy with a primitive solution which prevents losing work.

Background is that I am starting another trial to use linux as
desktop system but within in a few days I have already lost changes
because lazarus was just killed on shutdown (well, actually I would
prefer to have linux just hibernating instead of shutdown, but this
is another story).

Furthermore, is there any option to store the green bars which
indicate changed sources between different runs of lazarus?

Wouldn't that accumulate over time so that everything becomes green?
You need some "reset".

By just closing the source code tab?