On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, LacaK via lazarus wrote:

If data of underlaying TSQLQuery are presented and edited only thorought this DBGrid then I would add to TSQLQuery option "sqoAutoApplyUpdates".
(I am not familiar with architecture of LazDataDesktop)
Which causes that on every Post/Delete updates are applied to database.
There will remain option to commit or rollback changes.

The grid was never meant to be editable. I simply forgot to disable that.
(I myself never ever edit in a grid, it didn't appear in my head that
someone would do this)

But I will :
a) Add the sqoAutoApplyUpdates option.
b) Add buttons for more explicit transaction control.

Michael.