On 10/25/19 8:34 AM, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
On 25/10/2019 15:25, Dan Star via lazarus wrote:
On my other Catalina Mac I cannot install LLDB FPDebug.  I get the following error when I rebuild the IDE with fpdebug and laz...fplldb packages:

   Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 3
   Error: ld: framework not found Cocoa
   make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
   make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
   Error: make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
   An error occurred while linking
   Error: Error while linking

code 11.1 is installed so I assume the Cocoa Framework (only needed for Programming or for Macos too?) is installed too. Please advise.

I should add that this Mac OS system had a previous 32 bit version of Laz on it that I removed.  The Mac OS system Laz 64 runs fine on never had Laz 32 installed. So was a legacy config left behind from Laz 32 that is mucking things up?

Unfortunately I don't have to much experience in the Mac related build process. So someone else will need to answer this.

I can't think how the fpdebug/lazdebugfp package causes this. Can you rebuild the IDE, if you install other packages?

Also do you build from within the IDE, or call make? You may be accidentally building for 32bit. And cocoa does not exist for 32bit.

The 'Build Lazarus" Information window appears OK for Cocoa but just guessing; there is no way to copy this information to the clipboard nor can I find a config file with it.   I looked in ~/tmp and see no build log for today after trying to build again.  Where is the build log file located?   I am building from withing Laz 2.1 MacOS.

If I remove those 2 packages and try to build vanilla Laz MacOS 64 I get the same errors so looks like a configuration problem caused by having had Laz 32 installed previously.