On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus wrote:

On 23.03.2020 20:26, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
Well, I think it does need to be closed from time to time.

Namely: I want to be sure that all is closed before doing an svn
update or git pull. Although many bugs have been fixed, still from time to
time when you do an update of files on disk, Lazarus messes up and
overwrites incoming changes.

I fixed a bug that rewrote the incoming LPI changes recently and that annoyed me for years: https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36813

Yes, I saw it, and I am glad one more case is fixed.

I am not aware of other bugs that would rewrite external changes. Please report them.

As soon as I can reliably reproduce them. As said, they are not easy to
reproduce.

It took me several years to be able to report just one particular case to
Mattias
:(

So as far as I am concerned, the case for actually closing everything still
stands.

Michael.