Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 at 9:08 PM
From: "Anthony Walter via lazarus" <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>
Cc: "Anthony Walter" <sys...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Lazarus] The Problem with the Linux Desktop
On Linux ...

I was looking at the Unity tray icon code I submitted a while back and it had stopped working on my desktop environment. I was also looking for a way to track user log off events, monitor clipboard history, and how to register a global hot key.

The sheer scattering of different systems, libraries, and what not that I needed to search through to find solutions which are typically as simple as a single function on a single document site with Windows prompted me to write this brief diatribe:

I also posted that page to the r/linux, and am likely to get down voted there, but if anyone wants to chime in, feel free. It might make use both feel better.