On Wed, 06 May 2020 10:47:50 +0200, Salvatore Coppola via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>I suppose is an hidden file in home or in .config
>Salvatore

Possibly, but since all I have found indicates that this file is named
after the application that uses it there can be no config application
since it will not be the same as the service using the registry...
On Windows we have the local config utility (a regular Delphi GUI
program) to set up the system. It stores the data into the registry at
hive HKLM. When the service application needs data it reads it from
the HKLM key as well and it just works. It is the same location.

OTOH, in the linux case it would not work because the daemon Free
Pascal application will read from a different file than the
configuration application writes to.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden