On 13.11.2020 21:23, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Larry Dalton via lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>> wrote:

    So we lose some backwards portability?

IIRC it has been called "forward compatibility" as opposed to "backward compatibility". Backward compatibility means your old code works in new versions of FPC/LCL/Lazarus. The other direction is not guaranteed. New code cannot always be used in old versions.

Exactly.

Although in case of LFM streaming we usually try to help with default property values as we discussed before. And yes, I usually forget to add the default values as well :)

Ondrej