On Sat, 14 Nov 2020, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

On 13.11.2020 22:37, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus wrote:
Usually we try to use the "default" feature of the newly added properties so that they are streamed only when really set and used. When they are not used, the LFM can still be loaded in a legacy version of Lazarus because the new properties are not streamed.

I set defaults on all boolean properties of sqlscript, rev. 47412

Strange, I thought that boolean properties were not streamed if they had value 'false'.
The FPC documentation is spot on about the stored/default modifiers: https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu38.html

Only "/String, floating-point and pointer properties have implicit////default//value of empty string, 0 or nil, respectively. Ordinal and set properties have no implicit//default//value./"

Indeed.

I polished the docs section in r1777 a little bit.

Well done, thank you !

Then I saw the next chapter "Overriding properties". It wrongly described redeclaring of properties as overriding. I fixed that as well in r1778.

I think the difference is rather artificial, but if you think this is
better: great.

Thank you for your efforts !

Michael.