On Wed, 18 Nov 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

Because it needs a project. It cannot work without one, so it creates one.

So if the hypothetical option -np would be implemented, you would definitely be
presented with the same 'project wizard' dialog you get when you close the
project
with "Project - Close Project".

OK, so if the last project opened is seriously flawed (for this
Lazarus) and crashes Lazarus, how can one ever remedy that?

At this moment not without changing the config files manually, I think.

But you could have a command-line option that allows to start Lazarus simply
with an empty project instead of the last one.

And that 'empty project' is what I want to have configurable... :-)

Michael.