Not sure if this question should go for fpc-freepascal list or fpc-others list.

I'm starting a new project, a simple accounting system, with the data in a server in internet. It is an experimental pet project, just to try new technologies (new for me). Although it is just an experimental pet project, I want to use technologies that allow to scale in the web.

I don't want to do it in PHP (I got enough of it years ago), so I want to consider a more advanced language. First, I thought about something with a python backend, but I've read that it doesn't scale well because it doesn't support multithreads.

I am almost decided to node.js in the backend and vue.js in the frontend. Node.js is what almost everybody uses and has a lot of libraries/modules and future. And vue.js looks powerful and simple with a nice learning curve.

But I'm not still happy. Why can't I use a native compiled program for the backend?, it should faster, and more robust that any script, dynamic, JIT language. Pascal for this is my first thought as it was my first love. I'm thinking about a freepascal backendĀ  and vue.js frontend , or even a three-tier with json messages between frontend in vue.js and server.

Have you any experience in freepascal for web?
Any hints, suggestions or advice?

--
Saludos
Santiago A.