28.10.2021 0:33, Bart via lazarus пишет:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 11:17 PM Juha Manninen via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Attached the codetools popup for TMask.Create constructor.
I would think it would be clear enough?

It is clear for people who know the details already. For new users there is no
hint of an extended syntax.
Anyway, we can consider it as an advanced feature which requires users to study
deeper. No problem.

I'm OK with leaving them in, but in time they should be removed.
CreateLegacy in version 3.6 is going to look a little bit "off".

We want people staring to use the "new" syntax (that is: use the
additional last parameter(s)) as fast as possible.
Maybe deprecate them in 2.5 and remove in whatever we release after 2.4?

I don't see the need in CreateLegacy/CreateExtended constructors as far as backward compatibility is maintained (it is the case as far as I understand). Just commit your Create constructors refactoring and document the changes (and update release notes).

--
Best regards,
 Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:gan...@narod.ru